Monday, June 24, 2013

Reaching Out

One of the bad habits I've developed over my life is keeping things bottled up inside of me. Recently, however, I've been making an effort to share more. Here are some examples:

  1. When cleaning out my apartment seemed like a grueling, daunting, overwhelming task, I reached out to my fraternity brothers. I posted on our Facebook group pictures of the pieces of furniture up for sale, and said that anyone who helped me move, I'd compensate.
  2. When I felt tensions building up between my mother and I, I called a friend, told him how I felt, and told him I did so because I am willing to do whatever it takes to avoid another physical or mental relapse, meltdown, or breakdown.
  3. With this interview, I reached out to a Rutgers classmate and current LinkedIn connection about his take on the company. His company is a customer of my interviewers.
  4. When a Facebook friend said she was looking for a Napa wine recommendation, I commented that I know someone who runs a Napa vineyard, and I would share his FB page with her.
Not all of my reaching out efforts will produce desired results. But I am slowly moving towards a more open approach to life. For that, I believe that I deserve to be commended.

No comments:

Post a Comment